PDA

View Full Version : Reciprocating gifts problem

crassus1963
09-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Recently I had an issue where I was accepting gifts. I clicked on "accept gift" and it took me to the FB page to accept. When I clicked to accept here the CA page wouldn't load. I clicked the back button which took me to the FB accept page. That name was gone. From here I clicked to accept another and the same thing. Now for some reason I can't gift to the people who I accepted from and the CA page wouldn't load.
Has anyone else experienced this problem or know how to correct it?

eboughey
09-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Same problem here. It's still having that problem and I've lost a few dragon egg gifts because of it too.

Mursilis
09-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Are those people still listed in CA as offering you a gift? If that's the case, but they don't have a corresponding option in FB then you need to use the 'Accept All' option in your Army page to clear out the gifts that didn't work. Once that's done then you'll be able to send gifts to those people again.

As for why the gifts didn't work, sometimes CA locks up, especially with everyone online with the release of the dragons. When that happens you should get a message about how CA and FB are working out the kinks between then. Click the Try Again button over and over until you get in and get your gift. Sometimes even that won't work and you just lose your gift, but that should rarely happen.

crassus1963
09-20-2009, 12:38 AM
Before I posted this problem I did clear out all the gifts by clicking "accept all" but these people still didn't come up on my list, the sad thing is I exchange w/ every day. What next?

Carla
09-20-2009, 01:18 AM
I have discovered that when I go to the gift page not all my army members are listed in the "castle age friends" portion. As a matter of fact they are not even listed as my friend at all. Any ideas why this is happening?

Lena Gkika
09-20-2009, 01:44 AM
I have discovered that when I go to the gift page not all my army members are listed in the "castle age friends" portion. As a matter of fact they are not even listed as my friend at all. Any ideas why this is happening?

either you sent them a gift/invitation and they lost it, or they send one to you and is now pending. You can only send one in 24h. Also some people may delete you from friends, but will remain castle age army. They are not available to gift though.
You can stop messenger for past invites you sent by going to appropriate tab in army page. After that and if they are still your friends, you will be able to send them gifts

Punkle
09-20-2009, 03:22 AM
Before I posted this problem I did clear out all the gifts by clicking "accept all" but these people still didn't come up on my list, the sad thing is I exchange w/ every day. What next?
Next time use Opera or any other browser that lets you go back and forth without reloading the pages. That way you want loose the gifts(Or the name) if you go back to FB accept page..:)

Narcissa
09-20-2009, 03:30 AM
I have been having the exact same problem, not just with accepting gifts but with opening Castle Age from any facebook link, I am not sure if it is a facebook issue, castle age issue or browser problem. I am using Fire fox.

Major
09-20-2009, 03:53 AM
Recently I had an issue where I was accepting gifts. I clicked on "accept gift" and it took me to the FB page to accept. When I clicked to accept here the CA page wouldn't load. I clicked the back button which took me to the FB accept page. That name was gone. From here I clicked to accept another and the same thing. Now for some reason I can't gift to the people who I accepted from and the CA page wouldn't load.
Has anyone else experienced this problem or know how to correct it?

This is a daily occurrence problem for me. I usually accept all or ignore. (i get 50-60+ castle age gifts a day.. its impossible for me to gift everyone back).

Another issue is army members drop off BOTH my gift lists ('All Friends' and 'Castle Age') when attempting to RETURN gift them. It can take up to 2 days to see them back on my gift list. Sometimes accepting another gift from them returns them back to the list. yes it annoys me at times.

I can only assume that a cause of this problem might be relevant database table transactions being locked (due to network traffic), and only being released by a trigger (automatic timer, etc). and during this process the gift request, (and join army request/s) are lost.

An earlier post (describing possible causes of the problem) may could also be a factor.

crassus1963
09-20-2009, 03:56 AM
Let me add to this. I just went through all 39 pages of "view army" the people whom I tried to accept gifts from when CA wouldn't load are still in my army and still friends in FB. It has also been more than 48 hours since this happened. I'd sure hate to permanently loose the ability to gift to some of my better reciprocating buds...CA please find what is causing this and correct or anyone who had this problem and solved it please let me know. Thanks