PDA

View Full Version : buying soldiers

rexatfcc
01-12-2010, 04:46 AM
is it worth having more then one of each?
if not which are the best to buy?

Caitir Eavan
01-12-2010, 09:17 AM
501 of the best is what you want (and a 501 army)

LilKayla
01-12-2010, 03:38 PM
is it worth having more then one of each?
if not which are the best to buy?

you never need more soldiers than your current army count as you cannot bring more than that to battle. That said you should have 1 of the best soldier units, weapon/armor equipment, and magic spells. For every unit in your army.
FYI weapon/armor includes every item on the blacksmith page and each army member can hold only one of these items.

John Byrn
01-12-2010, 05:22 PM
You also need certain soldier units for quests. I made the mistake of selling most of my angels once I had 501 better units. Then I realized I still needed 100 angels to finish the quests in the Undead Realm.

Mendicus
01-13-2010, 03:48 AM
Is there any reason to have a bazzilion of them? They're so easy to buy, but I don't see the payoff. I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with all my $. Any suggestions?

Arctic Wolf
01-13-2010, 03:56 AM
Is there any reason to have a bazzilion of them? They're so easy to buy, but I don't see the payoff. I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with all my $. Any suggestions?

youll want at least 541 archangels so when you invade people you smash them mind you that you can replace some with hydra units and spartan phanlax:D

Arjay034
01-13-2010, 04:53 AM

absolutely no reason to have a bazillion. only buy as much as you need based on your army count and whether or not you can use 541. all other cash goes to land. have you even taken note how the units/weaps/spells from the ranks are cumulative in cost? you'll be crying for more cash as you go up the ranks in order to buy those equips. so don't delude yourself into thinking you have too much cash right now. :)

Morrissthecat
01-13-2010, 03:13 PM
I understand some of the advice I see above. I have searched through all open quests and have purchased everything I need. Now I just passed $1 billion in gold. Should I purchase the number of my army of everything? More suggestions please.

avsquare
01-13-2010, 03:28 PM
I understand some of the advice I see above. I have searched through all open quests and have purchased everything I need. Now I just passed $1 billion in gold. Should I purchase the number of my army of everything? More suggestions please.

what's your income? anything less than 60mil/hr, you'd probably just buy more land.

Jorge Rivas
01-13-2010, 07:46 PM

Purchase the number of your army in BEST UNIT ONLY.

For instance, if you have 300 Phoenixes and 300 Angels, 300 Pheonixes and 201 Angels will go to battle.

Morrissthecat
01-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks. Spent $300 million and gave everyone everything.
Previous comment - I only have $2M/hr. Land it is.

King Hrothbeort
01-15-2010, 08:29 PM
You won't need 541 of the purchasable soldiers if you do any monster battling; the best units come from monster battles:
Spartan Phalanx (70/70) nearly impossible to get as it requires 300 spartans - drop from Sea Serpents
Cronus (60/60) requires 1 of each hydra head, fairly hard to get
Hydra Prometheus (35/25) - drop from hydras
Hellslayer Knight(29/33) - drop from hydras
Hellkite Minion (32/27) - drop from hydras
Hydra Atlas (23/28) - drop from hydras
Archangel (25/20) - purchasable at exorbitant prices once you reach High General

If you are lower level some of the other monster drops may be better than or equal to what you can buy

angelic sentinel (20/24) - drop from defend the castle
arcanist (23/20) - drop from hydras
gift pheonix (20/16) - drop from various monsters, gift from army members
gift dragon (16/14) - drop from various monsters, gift from army members
water elemental (14/15) from Alpha chest as well as various monsters
sun eagle (15/12) - drop from various monsters
air elemental (14/12) from Alpha chest as well as various monsters

Bandigerbolls
01-16-2010, 01:00 PM
My units are all made up of gift soldiers and booty soldiers from monster battles.

Likewise, I didn't buy any of the equipment used. All the stuff available for purchase is considered the lowest quality, so it drops off the chart. I consider this a flaw in Castle Age.

I don't intend to 'friend' more strangers than actual friends, so I don't really have anything to spend money on.

nammer
01-17-2010, 05:34 PM

Wow... I'll take some of that money... I'm only at 19 mill an hour debating on which land to buy...