PDA

View Full Version : Accepting Army Members and Gifts

gd2bcrzy
09-15-2009, 11:57 PM
I read some posts on accepting gifts and understand that, but I have two people who want to join my army but I can't accept them. It puts me to my home page but there is no link. I'm new so if someone has answered this question before, please let me know where the answer is.
I would love to join other peoples armies, but until I figure out how to accept requests, I don't think I should. No patience. lol

Psappha of Legends
09-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Click "Accept All" on your gifts page. You won't get a gift from them but you'll have your new recruits.

gd2bcrzy
09-16-2009, 12:28 AM
thanx.
do you know why my army members don't show up on my castle friends list when I want to gift?
I know, I'm currently pretty useless at this stuff. lol

Genevieve
09-16-2009, 01:10 AM
That happens when they haven't accepted the last gift you sent them.

Rabk
09-16-2009, 06:27 AM
OK, students-- now it's time to continue last week's lecture on the collective hallucination that Al Gore, in his infinite wisdom, has named "The Internet".

This week we're going to talk about a very special place filled with perilous magic: FORUMS!! :eek:

Now, just as you would consult a map before venturing out into the wilderness, You should also check the forum's map as soon as you enter each new and treacherous place. Otherwise you won't be able to avoid the traps and pitfalls that have captured so many unwitting explorers before you. Fortunately, almost every forum has a set of standardized maps posted at the head of each trail. It will always be in plain sight, and will be the first thing you see before heading out on your quest. It's called a sticky (http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=741&highlight=accept+gifts), and you should always check it before beginning your adventure. Avoid it at your peril! Remember-- unimaginable danger lurks around every corner! :(

Caitir Eavan
09-16-2009, 06:32 AM
*lol* I'm loving this! :D
http://www.planet-smilies.de/lesen/lesen_003.gif

RaGe
09-16-2009, 06:33 AM
ok, students-- now it's time to continue last week's lecture on the collective hallucination that al gore, in his infinite wisdom, has named "the internet".

This week we're going to talk about a very special place filled with perilous magic: forums!! :eek:

Now, just as you would consult a map before venturing out into the wilderness, you should also check the forum's map as soon as you enter each new and treacherous place. Otherwise you won't be able to avoid the traps and pitfalls that have captured so many unwitting explorers before you. Fortunately, almost every forum has a set of standardized maps posted at the head of each trail. It will always be in plain sight, and will be the first thing you see before heading out on your quest. It's called a sticky (http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=741&highlight=accept+gifts), and you should always check it before beginning your adventure. Avoid it at your peril! Remember-- unimaginable danger lurks around every corner! :(

+1 .

Charz
09-16-2009, 01:13 PM
thanx.
do you know why my army members don't show up on my castle friends list when I want to gift?
I know, I'm currently pretty useless at this stuff. lol

Yeah, me too. Also having terrible trouble accepting gifts as well as sending. When I'm taken back to fb there isn't anything from CA there ?? I'm going backwards and forwards for nothing, and can't find the friends the gifts are from in either CA friends list or friends list ?? - even though I know they are CA friends - (in my army). Driving me crazy.

Lena Gkika
09-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Yeah, me too. Also having terrible trouble accepting gifts as well as sending. When I'm taken back to fb there isn't anything from CA there ?? I'm going backwards and forwards for nothing, and can't find the friends the gifts are from in either CA friends list or friends list ?? - even though I know they are CA friends - (in my army). Driving me crazy.

when you get a notification for a gift DONT click on notification that pops up on the notification bar, DONT GO to FB requests page and DONT click the link on CA home page..GO to ARMY PAGE and start accepting one by one from there. If any requests get missing, hit "accept all"

For sending gifts, just go to send gifts in army tab. Remember that you can send up to 1 gift per 24 hours to a friend, and you cannot send new gift until they accept the first

Caitir Eavan
09-16-2009, 02:20 PM
when you get a notification for a gift DONT click on notification that pops up on the notification bar, DONT GO to FB requests page and DONT click the link on CA home page..GO to ARMY PAGE and start accepting one by one from there. If any requests get missing, hit "accept all"

Sounds a bit like
'Go to jail. Move directly to jail. Do not pass "GO". Do not collect 200 :eek:

...if I'm over worked, it's your fault... I just HAD to go to the living room, get the monopoly out and search for that card... *trying to calm her breath*

Lena Gkika
09-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Sounds a bit like
'Go to jail. Move directly to jail. Do not pass "GO". Do not collect 200 :eek:

...if I'm over worked, it's your fault... I just HAD to go to the living room, get the monopoly out and search for that card... *trying to calm her breath*

lmao..hmm now that i look at it again i might yelled a bit..might be the fact i spent all morning answering pm's about the same thing all over again LOL..sorry people , not your fault, guess patience is not one of my virtues

Caitir Eavan
09-16-2009, 02:29 PM
You're definitely a lot more patient than me... at least you still explain it. I tend to just say 'click the link in my signature' now if someone asks something that's in that sticky...
Just block your private messages to people who're not on your friend list. That way they have to ask publicly in the forum, just like they should.