PDA

View Full Version : Bug: The Dark Legion - Link to Repeat Fortify Initiates Regular Attack

TheAquarian
12-24-2009, 12:31 AM
I'm not quite sure what is going on here,, but something appears to be mucked up with the link to Fortify after clicking the button to fortify normally the first time.

Because my browser is really laggy sometimes, and I don't like wasting time clicking through screen after screen to get to the battles I want, I often create a frame set containing three frames 1 or 2 of which usually use the attack or fortify URLs for monsters that I am currently fighting, the other(s) going to other facebook apps that I periodically check.

Until now, this has worked well, however I've discovered that after a little while the URL that previously lead me to fortify began initiating 1 stamina attacks. What's wierder is that the damage on these attacks is ALWAYS 0 , where as if I click the normal attack button I'll see however much damage is appropiate to the currently equipped general.

I'm not exactly sure what the turning point is.... if the way the link behaves changes after a certain number of attempted defenses, if it only happens when I am at 0 energy ... or what.. Admittedly, being the impatient person that I am at times, I just rapid fire click\reload these things so I didn't notice until after quite a few 0 zero damage attacks with my fortifying link were made. These 'attacks' still seem to drain my energy.

Has anyone else experienced this?

midevi
12-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Same thing just happened to me, it appears that if you hit the fortify button when you have 0 energy, rather than giving the message saying you don't have enough, the game instead does a 0 damage attack on the monster. You can get loot drops and demi points from it, but the horde still does its usual damage to you and the wall defense.

Edit:
I've tested it on 2 hordes I'm in right now.

As I stated in both cases if energy is equal to 0 the game bugged and initiated a 0 damage attack. Damage received was also 0, but everything else worked like it normally would, ie potential loot and demi points as well as damage to defenses. If energy is over 0 it behaves as expected.

This needs to be fixed, pronto.

Azraelswrd
12-24-2009, 10:33 AM
I was told that this isn't a bug but a way players can "grief" the team for their own personal gain (as midevi noted) at the expense of the entire team effort because the orcs will still attack. And yes, people have been doing just that.

Gordon Gecko put it best with "Greed.... is good" and people are living up to those words. Shocker. Thank goodness there are still people out there like me that actually put the team before the "me" part.

TheAquarian
12-24-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm not sure I see how this accomplishes anything. A person tries to defend ... they have browser lag, impatience, or whatever... so they go "Click click click click click click click" on their link to burn through the energy they saved for the fight.... and at the end of the reserves it turns into a useless attack that hurts the team....

What has been accomplished here? Why would this be done by design.

midevi
12-24-2009, 06:55 PM
If this is truly an intended behavior, then it has another serious issue with it.

I did a few more test with it this morning, and I'm glad to say in 2 cases everything worked as I hoped it would.

I tried to see if this could be click spammed and thankfully the monster attack timer works as I hope its intended to, as does the minimum hp requirement.

But the issue I'm seeing with it though, is that it has 0 cost to the user. No energy is used (already at 0, otherwise you get message you don't have enough energy for values 1-9), nor is any stamina used.

Now I have seen in my own testing that on occasion the orc horde will do damage to the character as well as the defenses, (2 was the highest amount I saw received by the character, but 0 was most common.)

So what you are saying is that a 0 cost action by one or two characters that can literally halt/grief the progress of potentially 129 others, is an 'intended' behavior?

By my own figuring one individual doing this can cause the loss of 75,000-450,000 defense (one click every 4 seconds since that seems to be the timer on monster attacks) in five minutes time, then do a 1 energy cost mission to drop them to 0 again before repeating it again.

So you'll have to forgive me if I call foul on this.

If the game devs 'truly' meant for this to be an 'intended' behavior, whose only purpose is to screw/grief the team for their own gain (loot/demi points) for free (0 cost) then I'm not really sure I want to play their game anymore.

Edited for clarity.

Azraelswrd
12-24-2009, 06:58 PM
It's a way for people with no energy to get loot at the expense of castle defense. Go greed!

midevi
12-24-2009, 07:14 PM
It's a way for people with no energy to get loot at the expense of castle defense. Go greed!

So this is why they made the timer on it over a week?

Makes sense then I guess, it'd take that long with this 'feature.'

A Word Or Two
12-24-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or even the same thing. None of these characters intended to hurt the castle. The capture doesn't show damage to the castle, but the castle's blue bar went down when this occurred and no attacks occurred in the interim to cause the decrease. And all of them said they had Energy at the time this occurred. Best we can tell the castle bar was full (even though we've seen ones with it longer)

I would be surprised if this is on purpose. I think DTC is challenging enough for most groups without this too!

16 seconds ago:
L--- defended against The Battle of the Dark Legion, fortifying for an UNGODLY amount of Health[4908]! Your defense allowed your friends to attack for 108 damage.

16 seconds ago:
L--- just joined the battle!

1 minute, 26 seconds ago:
S--- defended against The Battle of the Dark Legion, fortifying large amount of health[0]! Your defense allowed your friends to attack for 104 damage.

1 minute, 26 seconds ago:
S--- just joined the battle!

2 minutes, 9 seconds ago:
J-- defended against The Battle of the Dark Legion, fortifying large amount of health[0]! Your defense allowed your friends to attack for 111 damage.

Your defense helped defeat 0 orc soldiers.

2 minutes, 21 seconds ago:
R--- defended against The Battle of the Dark Legion, fortifying for an UNGODLY amount of Health[5045]! Your defense allowed your friends to attack for 101 damage.

Your defense helped defeat 5 orc soldiers.

2 minutes, 25 seconds ago:
R--- defended against The Battle of the Dark Legion, fortifying for an UNGODLY amount of Health[12486]! Your defense allowed your friends to attack for 106 damage.

Your defense helped defeat 13 orc soldiers.

2 minutes, 28 seconds ago:
R--- defended against The Battle of the Dark Legion, fortifying for an UNGODLY amount of Health[12414]! Your defense allowed your friends to attack for 109 damage.

niamh O'Toole
01-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Same here or worse, I have energy, the castle is only half healthy (eta:possibly it had filled up while I wasn't watching, mind, i can't be 100% sure), my average fortify is 5600/5700

and then

14 minutes, 41 seconds ago:
= defended against The Battle of the Dark Legion, fortifying large amount of health[0]! Your defense allowed your friends to attack for 109 damage.

14 minutes, 53 seconds ago:
= defended against The Battle of the Dark Legion, fortifying large amount of health[0]! Your defense allowed your friends to attack for 114 damage.

15 minutes, 42 seconds ago:
= defended against The Battle of the Dark Legion, fortifying large amount of health[0]! Your defense allowed your friends to attack for 102 damage.

Your defense helped defeat 1 orc soldiers.
15 minutes, 52 seconds ago:
= defended against The Battle of the Dark Legion, fortifying large amount of health[0]! Your defense allowed your friends to attack for 111 damage.

16 minutes, 18 seconds ago:
= defended against The Battle of the Dark Legion, fortifying for an Massive amount of Health[1380]! Your defense allowed your friends to attack for 120 damage.

It's come back right now but that's 50 or 60 energy down the drain. Wtf? Is that a feature?