View Full Version : Gift notifications missing
12-21-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm getting notices in CA that I have a gift from a friend, but when I click on them to go collect, there is nothing in the list from that friend to claim.
What do I do? Ignore that gift and go on, or try something else?
12-21-2009, 12:26 PM
It might be a 'missing gift' problem - I've had that several times before. I sort of fixed it by making sure the Facebook page has loaded fully before clicking on it to accept the gift.
Since they can't send you another one until you've accepted that one, the best option is to go to your Castle Age army tab and then click on 'accept all'. If that's not there, then the gift disappeared but it's otherwise fine.
12-22-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm experiencing the same thing. I get about a hundred gifts per day and every time I go through the list and accept them, there always seems to be a few left over that aren't in FB anymore. There is a 100% effective solution for this listed in the "sticky" post on receiving gifts. Here it is in a nutshell, but go to the guide and read it all:
1. You must be in the army acreen where you see all the individual gifts by name.
2. Click accept and let it take you to FB and make sure you have NO more CA gifts there.
3. Assuming you have no outstanding gifts left in FB, head back to CA.
4. Click on Army, so you see the individual names again.
5. Right click the "Ignore" option on the first orphaned gift notice and copy the link location.
6. Paste the link location on the address line at the top of your browser screen. DO NOT HIT ENTER.
7. Edit the address and change the word "ignore" to "acpt" without the quotes.
8. Now hit enter to accept the gift.
9. Repeat from step 5 until all gift notices are processed.
Hope this helps.
01-08-2010, 02:13 AM
Thanks for the help. That 9 step list works great. Seems I'm getting more requests with missing gifts now than ever.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.