PDA

View Full Version : Blocking Application

lana
12-21-2009, 02:12 AM
A friend is going away for a month and would like to block application during that time. When she returns will she be able to continue playing at the same levels etc. Any losses or penalties for blocking application temporarily?

lana
12-21-2009, 05:24 AM
OK! Obviously this is a hard question. Can someone reading this at least suggest where I can go or who I can ask to get an answer?

Azraelswrd
12-21-2009, 05:39 AM
This is the place, or you can ask the devs directly via PM. However, I'm curious why your friend needs to block the app while gone.

Josh Rottschaefer
12-21-2009, 07:00 AM
I don't know for sure, but I blocked a few other apps for longer than a month and went back to them and was at the same place as I was before.

It comes down to how long an idle time this app has before it deletes your info. From what I remember about it from a tread about resetting your character, it said you had to stay away from your character for 2 months before it would get snuffed.

This could be changed or could be completely wrong, I don't know. Hopefully a Moderator will see this and have a definitive answer for you after me.

Sorry I couldn't be more help

(then why did I post?)

I like hearing myself type lmaooooooo

Again, sorry, it should be fine though (should...maybe...hopefully)

lana
12-21-2009, 07:25 AM
THANK YOU!
In fact, I've had similar experiences but needed someone to back me up on this. I often block apps to games I don't play but the unblock them when someone asks me to "join" as a favour. Mafia is a good example. I'm Level 12 or something and never played! I just unblock - accept friend then block again without having to re-start.

I think I'm confident enough now to pass on a Yes to that question.

Rheannan
12-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Blocking an application doesn't change anything in the application for the user, it simply no longer has access to the user's profile.

Therefore, I'm not sure why someone would feel they needed to block an application of any sort due to being away from it for a while.

Xelian
12-21-2009, 10:47 AM
To avoid getting 900000 requests for serpent egs after 1 month.

@topic - From what I know after you block and application and don't use it for 2 months your account get deleted and you will have to start from the scratch. At least it works like that for Zynga games. It may work differently of CA