PDA

View Full Version : Attack Stat

trueelimite
12-17-2009, 09:53 PM
I do a lot of monster battling (not so much dueling). I've noticed that increasing my attack stat doesn't increase my damage by much. 20 Attack increased my damage by ~500 per power attack. While 10 Stamina (equivalent skill points) would give me 2 more power attacks at 12,000 normal damage.

Right now at 85 Stamina (I'm still a lowbie) the 20 Attack would give me a total of 8,500 more damage over a full course load of attacks. Where the 10 Stamina would give me 24,000...

My question is... At what ratio are the 2 of equivalent value? I would like to maximize my damage output on monsters.

Should i continue to stack Stamina? or start stacking attack? Although I'm looking for a theoretical equation or ratio I'll list my stats. Again I'm looking to Kill monsters not duel.

A 102
D 10 (accidental clicks)
H 101 (accidental click)
S 85

Thank you.

Btw I couldn't find a post on such a ratio or the equation on how damage is calculated on monsters to figure this out for myself.

accendence
12-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Good point!
I am struggling with this Attack vs Stamina ratio as well for a good monster battle output.

Currently, I am at Lvl 134, with 570 Attack and 200 Stamina. I am not sure if I am to continue with increasing my attack or to focus my stamina to something higher.

I mainly fight cronus, dragons and serpent, and would only battle for demi points daily.

Lowfar
12-18-2009, 06:53 AM
accendence what is your avg dmg on monstars? 5stam atk?

Shadron
12-18-2009, 07:14 AM
I do a lot of monster battling (not so much dueling). I've noticed that increasing my attack stat doesn't increase my damage by much. 20 Attack increased my damage by ~500 per power attack. While 10 Stamina (equivalent skill points) would give me 2 more power attacks at 12,000 normal damage.

Right now at 85 Stamina (I'm still a lowbie) the 20 Attack would give me a total of 8,500 more damage over a full course load of attacks. Where the 10 Stamina would give me 24,000...

My question is... At what ratio are the 2 of equivalent value? I would like to maximize my damage output on monsters.

Should i continue to stack Stamina? or start stacking attack? Although I'm looking for a theoretical equation or ratio I'll list my stats. Again I'm looking to Kill monsters not duel.

A 102
D 10 (accidental clicks)
H 101 (accidental click)
S 85

Thank you.

Btw I couldn't find a post on such a ratio or the equation on how damage is calculated on monsters to figure this out for myself.

for this reason alone i am only keeping my attack about 100 points ahead of my stamina. 160 stamina and 200 attack as you can see i am clearly failing but i kinda wanted to hit 200 stamina then i will go back to 300 attack. i like this because i level up much quicker and paired with 250 energy i easily get a level a day in the 120s. while still being able to hit those monsters hard.

Now if bosses start going the way of the serpents it will be much better to have higher attack as smaller and more frequent power attacks will actually screw you pretty good in the long run as its more damage to the ship which in turn lowers your damage.

i guess if you really want to get nit picky you can say with more stamina you get more demi points lol

Josh Rottschaefer
12-18-2009, 07:34 AM
There seems to be a bit of a fallacy in your thinking, it is not a function of increased Stm damage vs increased Att damage in a sitting, rather, you should be concerned with the total difference of increased Stm vs increased Att throughout an entire level. This is because, assuming you are returning to your account before your stm gets maxed out (as you should) the only real difference is you get an extra 2.5 stm per level, which works into 1 extra power attack for every 2 levels and 10 extra attack per 2 levels.

Increasing your Att stat by 10 during those same 2 levels will net you a much larger amount of damage than the 1 extra Power Attack, however you will level up 25 minutes later (because of the waiting for the Power Attack you didn't get). Over several levels, this time adds up quite a bit.

If you are truly only interested in doing more damage to monsters and winning more pvp (and honestly, who isnt?), simply start focusing on Attack now and don't look back. Once you get to the point where you are not wasting any stm by being away from your comp longer than it takes to recharge, it will ALWAYS net you more damage to invest in Att instead of Stm.

Lævateinn
12-18-2009, 07:54 AM
There seems to be a bit of a fallacy in your thinking, it is not a function of increased Stm damage vs increased Att damage in a sitting, rather, you should be concerned with the total difference of increased Stm vs increased Att throughout an entire level. This is because, assuming you are returning to your account before your stm gets maxed out (as you should) the only real difference is you get an extra 2.5 stm per level, which works into 1 extra power attack for every 2 levels and 10 extra attack per 2 levels.

That's true. well said :)
you should thinking about the effect while recharging stamina instead after leveled. that's the true ratio. except you're favor point user of course.

Josh Rottschaefer
12-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Yes, I didn't take into account using favor points because I don't lol. At least not for that. I keep some in reserve in case I need to in a desperate situation to try and bail a friend out of a failing Summon (not often, usually just shake my head and say "invite me earlier next time").

Shadron
12-18-2009, 08:10 AM

Increasing your Att stat by 10 during those same 2 levels will net you a much larger amount of damage than the 1 extra Power Attack, however you will level up 25 minutes later (because of the waiting for the Power Attack you didn't get). Over several levels, this time adds up quite a bit.

If you are truly only interested in doing more damage to monsters and winning more pvp (and honestly, who isnt?), simply start focusing on Attack now and don't look back. Once you get to the point where you are not wasting any stm by being away from your comp longer than it takes to recharge, it will ALWAYS net you more damage to invest in Att instead of Stm.

really didn't think of it that way. given that it takes 13 hours to recharge my stamina bar i guess at this point i can leave it alone. might get enough for 14 hours. i think that's like 170ish. by the time i get back from work and get settled in for the night my stamina is recharged nearly full but not yet wasted.

accendence
12-18-2009, 10:12 AM
accendence what is your avg dmg on monstars? 5stam atk?

Depending on the type of monsters, a power attack on:
Dragon - around 5800
Serpent - around 24000 (with good footing)
Hydra - around 30100
Kiera - around 2000+ (hasn't battle her since getting all parts few weeks ago)
Lotus - around 16000

Current Attack : 570
Stamina: 200
General: Ambrosia

The damage on Dragon, Serpent and Hydra would be more accurate as I am battling them lately.

taylorchase
12-18-2009, 06:15 PM
After I increased my attack from 200 to 400, the damage done to monsters was quite noticeable. On dragons alone, my dmg done per power attack went up over 2000 points. I am now dealing over 5100 damage. Not only does increasing your attack stat help with killing monsters, it also helps you win duels, making you more of a well-rounded player.

Blackeye Jack
12-18-2009, 06:24 PM
After I increased my attack from 200 to 400, the damage done to monsters was quite noticeable. On dragons alone, my dmg done per power attack went up over 2000 points. I am now dealing over 5100 damage. Not only does increasing your attack stat help with killing monsters, it also helps you win duels, making you more of a well-rounded player.

Lets say you have a decent amount of stamina at around 200-250. Now you'll only truly use all of that big stamina bar when you level.

But if you have a high attack rating in conjunction you can afford to really spread that stamina around. What I mean is doing more damage per power attack you can do decent to high damage on more monsters as the same time. This means faster achievements completed, and a greater likelihood of getting yourself epics and favor points

But going too high with stamina will only gimp you because eventually your leveling will take a hit and you will be sitting back wishing you didn't have to expend all your stamina as it slowly refills just to do enough damage to get good loots on one mob...

I'm all for a ratio of 10/3 for attack/stamina. You ahve plenty of stamina to blow and HIGH Attack. leave energy at 120 and don't touch health.