PDA

View Full Version : Has Facebook disabled access via ridirect sites such as *******?

Hfaistos
12-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Whenever a click on a hydra ******* link I get the Facebook message:

The link you are trying to visit has been reported as abusive by Facebook users.

Even the ones I've created myself.

Are you guys getting the same?

P.S. I meant re-direct sites.

Punkle
12-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Just made a ******* to a Hydra.. No problem paste'n'go on that one.
(I tried *******DOTcom)

Caitir Eavan
12-07-2009, 08:12 PM
There are different tiny url pages.
Some of them work for me, others don't. I don't personally like them, never made any, usually don't click any either, because you never know what you're really going to be forwarded to... but I can at least confirm that some of them appear to be problematic.

CosmicChuck
12-08-2009, 04:45 AM
Whenever a click on a hydra ******* link I get the Facebook message:

The link you are trying to visit has been reported as abusive by Facebook users.

Even the ones I've created myself.

Are you guys getting the same?

P.S. I meant re-direct sites.

It doesn't matter if it's *******, bitDOTly, isDOTgd or one of the others. You'll occasionally get that message, or have to solve a captcha to post the message. I get that even when it's not a fully functional URL, even simply having ******* in the message to refer someone to it has triggered one of the warnings or captchas. There's no logic to it that I've been able to discern. However, their importance for posting weapons building links in CAs chat logs is crucial to avoid going over the 140 character limit, as the uncrunched weapons building link takes approximately 130 characters by itself. I've tested that with my Twitter account, since it tells you how many characters you have remaining out of 140.

CosmicChuck
12-08-2009, 04:58 AM
There are different tiny url pages.
Some of them work for me, others don't. I don't personally like them, never made any, usually don't click any either, because you never know what you're really going to be forwarded to... but I can at least confirm that some of them appear to be problematic.

I know that ******* and isDOTgd allow you to put "preview." in front of the shortened URL, e.g.:

httpCOLON2SLASHESpreviewDOT*******dotcomSLASHwhere _will_this_URL_take_me_to

If you don't already have automatic preview turned on for *******, you'll be asked if you want it turned on, so you'll automatically be taken to ******* and see what the URL uncrunches to first, and only proceed if your certain. I don't know if isDOTgd works the same way as far as auto-preview goes, nor do I know if any of the others allow for preview or auto-preview.

I like isDOTgd for making tiny URLs and the preview capability - I've sent both URLs many times (not in Twitter though).

For Castle Age, I prefer ******* because you can make your own shortened URL that will still remain meaningful, as well as the auto-preview capability when using someone elses ******* link.

Ankylos
01-01-2010, 01:09 AM
If the link is not active, how do I return the favor? The ******* does not work in my address bar. Go ahead laugh. Then help me.