PDA

View Full Version : Can't buy favour points

hecaterin
12-06-2009, 09:30 AM
I browse with a Mac & Firefox & ad-blocker, but I have turned ad-block off for the oracle, and the offers never finish loading. Big blank white space where they should be. I tried it with Safari, no ad-blocking there, fresh load, all caches and everything cleared, and got exactly the same problem. Also, it has worked before, a couple of weeks ago.

Did an update break something? Is the problem with the rewards people?

Do devs read this forum? I would really really like it if the paypal option were available without having to see the SuperRewards rubbish. I don't do spam'n'scams, but I will happily chuck a few dollars in the hat for the devs, to say thanks for the great game.

NerdAlert
01-20-2010, 12:04 AM
I seem to be having the same problem as this. No idea how to fix it though, sorry.

Kronoan
01-20-2010, 07:49 AM
I tried to buy 60 Favor Points yesterday, my CC got charged for them but I haven't gotten them yet. :mad: I e-mailed Super Rewards & got nothing back but a blank e-mail, yeah that's really helpful. I even sent a message to the Devs. with the Contact link at the bottom of a page & haven't heard anything back yet or received my Favor Points.

I'm really PO'ed about this because I specifically had went out earlier to get money to put on my CC so I could buy Favor Points & then I get ripped off! I mean, I bought some the day before & it was OK, so what's the deal? I have to wait 2 weeks if I don't get my Favor Points for my CC company to give me a refund, because by then the company would have taken my money after the authorization period ends, so I'll have to deal with the fraud department.

I am so mad, I can barely stand thinking of CA right now. I feel so cheated & stupid for getting scammed twice ... unless I get the Favor Points I paid for I'm never giving them a cent again, even if it never happens again for me, & I might just quit CA ... which sucks because it was a good game I was really enjoying until this BS ... /end rant. Thanks for listening guys ... :(

Caitir Eavan
01-20-2010, 08:44 AM
To the OP: a lot of people seem to have that type of problem recently, but I can't think of why it is like that. I never had any problems, my oracle page looks like always (both with Mac and Safari, and with Linux and Firefox).

It may be region specific, maybe there just aren't any offers for your country at the moment, or there is a glitch with the ones that are there.

I tried to buy 60 Favor Points yesterday, my CC got charged for them but I haven't gotten them yet. :mad: I e-mailed Super Rewards & got nothing back but a blank e-mail, yeah that's really helpful. I even sent a message to the Devs. with the Contact link at the bottom of a page & haven't heard anything back yet or received my Favor Points.

I'm really PO'ed about this because I specifically had went out earlier to get money to put on my CC so I could buy Favor Points & then I get ripped off! I mean, I bought some the day before & it was OK, so what's the deal? I have to wait 2 weeks if I don't get my Favor Points for my CC company to give me a refund, because by then the company would have taken my money after the authorization period ends, so I'll have to deal with the fraud department.

I am so mad, I can barely stand thinking of CA right now. I feel so cheated & stupid for getting scammed twice ... unless I get the Favor Points I paid for I'm never giving them a cent again, even if it never happens again for me, & I might just quit CA ... which sucks because it was a good game I was really enjoying until this BS ... /end rant. Thanks for listening guys ... :(

It only happened yesterday. The devs will get back to you, but give them a few working days. A lot of people contact them about a lot of stuff, it does take some time to read all the emails they get and deal with the problems.
If the money for the favour points has been taken, then you will receive them. Like you assumed, they should have been there straight away. No idea why it didn't work, but I'm sure you'll receive them soon.

Kronoan
01-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Thanks Caitir, I have calmed down a little. I hope it is fixed in no more than a few days, I'm just angry it happened ... Thanks for the help.

Caitir Eavan
01-20-2010, 09:34 AM
http://www.castleageforums.com/cforum/showthread.php?t=1272&highlight=steps+recover

Maybe look at that topic, too... I'm not that knowledgeable in favour point issues...

Kronoan
01-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Hey Caitir, I got my 30 Favor Points today finally! I is a happy camper now, the Customer Service team finally realized that I'd actually paid for them & gave them to me! :) Thanks for all your help through this difficult time! :)

physche
01-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Can someone just give me the link to purchase Favor Points through PayPal? I am sick of sifting through google, forums and posts and seeing the same thing- just buy with paypal! I can't see any link to buy with paypal... why do people keep assuming that is an option for everyone??? please please PLEASE post a link!!!!

Thankyou in advance. :)

Caitir Eavan
01-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Can someone just give me the link to purchase Favor Points through PayPal? I am sick of sifting through google, forums and posts and seeing the same thing- just buy with paypal! I can't see any link to buy with paypal... why do people keep assuming that is an option for everyone??? please please PLEASE post a link!!!!

Thankyou in advance. :)

You have to go to the oracle page. Scroll till under the CA stuff, click on 'buy favour points'

HeidiC
01-28-2010, 06:49 AM
You have to go to the oracle page. Scroll till under the CA stuff, click on 'buy favour points'

That would be great Caitir... if I could actually see anything under the Offers and Purchase on the Oracle Page. Mine is blank except for a privacy statement.

I would love to contribute to the devs as I enjoy this game, but have not been able to purchase any favour points since I started playing a month ago.

If there is a link, can someone please post it??:confused:

HeidiC
01-29-2010, 01:10 AM
I have tried Firefox, Safari, Explorer and Google Chrome. I have even tried on a different computer but I still cannot see the offers/purchase offers section of the Oracle Page. I think it may have something to do with Facebook settings - yet I can see offers from other applications. Dev's can you please look into this and let us know what to do????

vcjester
01-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Never mind, the supplied link above helped me submit a ticket about some favor points I hadn't recieved yet. Thanks